We can almost smell the holidays coming up right soon! We will dive straight to the point – many parents are keen and curious to find out more about the Holiday Programme! We name it “Holiday Programme 2019” to keep it short and simple.
- November 1 to 8, lessons are regular. Existing students continue with the same time they are currently attending.
- November 11 to 15. No lessons as we will be away.
- November 18 to December 19. Duration of Holiday Programme 2019. Regular classes to resume Jan 2020.
For this Holiday Programme 2019, we make it into a modular kind of learning. It is always a challenge for us when the holiday season comes a-knocking. It is tough for us to find a matching time for our different students in different levels, taking different subjects, students with siblings, and the list goes on. Thus, with this modular learning environment, we open up our time slots to cater to the various groups to the best we can.
Below is a more detailed description:
- Look at the calendar schedule below.
- The crosses are the dates we are away.
- 1 November to 8 November are our regular classes.
- Opening hours: every Monday to Saturday from 18 November to 19 Dec.
- Monday to Friday: 9-7pm
- Saturday: 9-12pm
- Check against the dates you are available for the Holiday Programme 2019.
- Choose the timing available in 1.5h blocks.
- One lesson full rate.
- 4 lessons 5% off total.
- 8 lessons 15% off total.
- PM us to enquire on siblings/ buddy / existing students incentives.
- Q&A below
Q1: HOW to choose?
A1: Refer to the calendar dates attached. Choose a minimum of 4 dates and time for your child/children, according to the time slots and subjects.
Case Study 1: A parent with a P6 child
- keen in English and Science
- chooses Nov 25,26,27,28
- time slots: 9-1030 (Science), 1030-12pm (English)
- enjoys 15% off total rate (most savings)
Case Study 2: A parent with a P5 child
- keen in English
- chooses 2,3,9,10 Dec
- time slots: 5.30-7pm
- enjoys 5% off total rate (lesser savings)
Case Study 3: A parent with a P1 child and a P5 child
- keen in English and Science
- chooses 28 Nov, 5, 12, 19 Dec
- time slots: 230-530pm
- enjoys 15% off total rate + siblings incentives (most savings
Case Study 4: A parent looking for a trial
- keen in English
- chooses 23 Nov
- time slot: 1030-12pm
- pays full rate (no savings)
Q2: WHY group the different ages together?
A2: A common logistic issue for parents with more than a child. Some parents have asked the possibility of rooming their children together due to logistics reasons. So here we are to help lighten their load. Hence, a modular programme is birthed just for that. We find it hard to specify the classes/time/subjects/levels like our regular classes as the holiday period is such that we need our own respite and time off, thus a free and easy booking of slots is the most viable option. Also, many parents are unwilling to commit to weekly lessons due to holiday plans too. Thus, this model suits the needs of everyone!
Q3: HOW will this be effective since some ages are quite far apart?
A3: Learning is definitely still possible, as the activities done at the beginning of every lesson is packed with hands on activities. The later part will then ease into a differentiated setting, where different age groups will complete tasks according to their levels. As the class size per slot is small, we are able to ensure your child is engaged in their work throughout. It is also healthy to mix different ages together occasionally to sharpen their interpersonal skills, a platform where students also mingle and co-operate with one another.
Q4: WHAT lessons are covered? Will the topics be repeated?
A4: We do not repeat lessons and activities done, except on the same days. For example, Activity A (English) will be repeated on 1030am, 230pm, 530pm slots on Monday. Activity B (Science) will be repeated on 9am, 1pm, 4pm slots on Monday. Both Activities A and B will not be repeated on other dates anymore. Thus, be assured of the different activities crafted out daily.
Q5: WHAT programmes are available?
A5: For English, we focus on the writing aspects. Looking at the MOE guidelines, more emphasis has been placed in oral and written skills, and with the limited exposure students get to write in schools, we are here to plug in the gap and support. Details attached below.
For Science, we like to engage our students to start loving the subject as young as possible. Although Science is taught from Primary Three, most kindergartens do start exposing their charges to simple Science experiments. So we thought, why not us too? Ignite their spatial awareness to have a deeper foundation. For the rest of the levels, more details attached below.
Q6: HOW about Lower Primary Math?
A6: It is a little tricky for us to plan Lower Math lessons with the tight schedule we have. However, we have not neglected this group of students who want to learn more about Math. Our focus is on Drawing Models for problem sums. We have crafted a special lesson on that. See attached below.
For this, we need parents to PM us if they are interested to enrol, and revert us the slots/time too. You may use the calendar dates as a guide. Once enough interest is gathered, we will open up a class or two to meet demand. Otherwise, we will hold this special class one of the days in 2020.
Q7: HOW about payment / rules & regulations?
– choice to select and choose the dates and time available, according to your schedule.
– a minimum of 3 pax is needed to start.
– parents who like to have a trial class pays the full rate.
– payment to be made prior to lessons once slots are confirmed.
– there is no refund except case to case basis.
– materials and snacks are provided.
Please drop us a PM at 91287376 for rates, discounts and incentives.
- English Programme: runs on a different topic taught for every lesson, no topics are repeated.
- Science Programme: runs on a different topic taught for every lesson, no topics are repeated.