How to use shadows to teach Light Energy:
- Find a plain flat surface as a screen
- Use a smart phone portable stand
- Clip and secure the smart phone on the stand
- Switch on the flashlight option (download the app if smart phone does not have flashlight inbuilt)
- Adjust the size of the light shone
- Cut out templates on pieces of paper
- Templates can be taken from clip art or hand drawn. (for this, our P6 boys drew and cut out the shapes on their own)
- Ensure the shapes are clear (like a figure of a lion, monkey, shark, etc)
- Tape the templates on wooden chopsticks/pencils
- Test out the shadow puppets against the light source
- For bigger shadows, move the puppets nearer to the light source
- For smaller shadows, move the puppets further away from the light source
Common questions asked in Exams:
Q1: How are shadows formed?
A1: Shadows are formed when light reflected on the objects are unable to pass through the objects.
Q2: What is a shadow?
A2: A shadow is made when light is unable to pass through an opaque or translucent object. (eg, a wooden door, a frosted glass door)
Like & Share: https://www.facebook.com/sowingseedz/
For more free resources, click on the PRODUCTS PAGE ==> Free Teaching Resources